Attracting more customers is the instant goal of nearly every business but how to do that is usually a question that requires more time and thinking. Well, stop searching – we suggest trying a quite simple solution – allow your customers to reach your services in an easiest, fastest and safest way with Smart-ID.
Smart-ID is a fast growing innovative solution for identifying users and providing legally valid digital signatures. Whether you have an e-service that requires logins for your clients or provide more complex services where users can sign documents electronically, Smart-ID is a great choice due to constantly increasing number of users and many more benefits for both you and your clients.
But let’s get to the basics first. So how does Smart-ID work?
The Smart-ID solution is based on a simple REST API that can be easily used from all modern development frameworks. It allows end-users to utilise their mobile devices to register for a securely verified Smart-ID account and later use the mobile device for two purposes: either to authenticate in various RP systems such as websites, apps and call centres or give electronic signatures according to the eIDAS regulation recognised in all the EU member states. The best thing is that the users’ mobile devices don’t need any special card readers or SIM-cards.
Ok, so what’s next?
You might have heard that Smart-ID has two levels – basic and more advanced. The basic one at registration stage requires authentication via banklink and can be used in online banking only (Swedbank, SEB and Luminor). Meanwhile, the more advanced level requires authentication with government issued ID card or Mobile ID and can be used in all e-services integrated within the Smart-ID network.
However, there’s good news – the solution is expanding and in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania users can already apply for Smart-ID in Swedbank, SEB and Luminor branches too. This option is meant for those who are for some reason unable to use electronic authentication methods like ID card or Mobile ID and this new option will definitely increase the number of app users because a new target group of people who have not been able to use e-services so far gains this opportunity. Simply put, this will upgrade all basic accounts of Smart-ID to the more advanced ones.
The statistics speak for themselves
Smart-ID has already surpassed 2,500,000 unique users in the Baltics. Smart-ID application works on iOS and Android operating systems. The app is multilingual, it supports English, Russian, Estonian, Latvian and Lithuanian languages.
What’s in it for me, you still ask? Well, here’s the summary for you.
Why users choose Smart-ID:
- it’s simple to use – users do not need to remember all the passwords to their each account, one app does it all
- it can be used on multiple devices so users always have it within an easy reach and can perform necessary actions simply on the go
- it’s secure – it’s much safer than simple logins when passwords can be lost or accounts can be hacked
Why you should integrate Smart-ID in your e-services:
- more and more users are choosing Smart-ID each day with app’s expanding possibilities
- Smart-ID is built as an international scheme which means that in the future it can be the user’s door to many e-services across the EU
- security is everything: advanced cryptography, proven PKI principles, non-repudiation of operations, advanced clone detection
- legally binding signatures across the EU members states
Read more about Smart-ID for e-service providers here.