We have some information for Estonian eID (or e-Residency) card users. If you are trying to log in to Dokobit portal using a smart card, sometimes an error message “Could not find any devices, please try again” is being displayed. Do not worry, we’ve got you covered.
Such things can happen because of DigiDoc4 and/or your computer, browser, network settings, antivirus, firewall or other external reasons. It is totally under control – all you have to do is to check if everything is set correctly. Here’s a guide to troubleshoot this problem and get you right back on track again!
In order to use Estonian eID or e-Residency card for e-services such as user authentication or document signing, first you need to prepare your computer. If you haven’t done it yet, download and install the required software from here. When you are encountering problems using Dokobit services with your Smart card, be sure to always check the version number of your software and update it if necessary. If the software is installed and you still are not able to use Estonian eID or e-Residency card for our e-services, please follow the steps below (the steps take place in a non-hierarchical order):
- Reinsert the card to the reader and check if the card reader is properly connected to the computer. Check if inserted card data is visible in the section “My eID”. If you get an error message “No card in card reader”, please see how to check if your ID card reader is working here.
- If the DigiDoc4 Client successfully reads the data of the document in the card reader, but it is not possible to enter e-services, the reason for the malfunctions may be a third-party software program installed on the computer. Please follow the instructions here.
- Try restarting your computer – sometimes there are settings saved in your browser that prevent you to use our services.
- If you are using macOS and find that only some e-services open whereas others do not, this may be a case of your web browser using the wrong certificate for authentication in the e-service. Please follow the instructions here.
- If you are using a company computer or trying to log in from the company network, which is administrated by the company, please contact your IT support team to check whether the network, firewall, and/or antivirus software does not prevent you from using Dokobit portal. To check if your firewall allows requests to the portal, please visit the page here. If you’re asked to insert PIN1, then your firewall is not preventing you from opening the portal. If you’re not asked to insert a PIN or if the page is inaccessible, please contact your IT support.
- Check if https://auth.dokobit.com:443 is whitelisted in your network proxy settings. If you are using a company computer or trying to log in from the company network, which is administrated by the company, please contact your IT support to check that and if needed make changes there.
We hope that this troubleshooting guide helps you to use Dokobit services smoothly. If you still can’t use your Estonian eID or e-Residency card for our e-services, do not hesitate and please contact our support team.
This post is also available in: Estonian